Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ok so was I the only one that fell back in love with Oprah yesterday!?!?!

Ok first things first Chris Rock...THANK YOU! For what you say? For "Good Hair"











"If your hair is relaxed white people are relaxed. If your hair is nappy they are not happy" -Paul Mooney lol..

So on yesterday's Oprah she invited Chris and Solange on to talk about Black women and their hair.












An issue close to my heart or should I say a MAJOR issue in my life. Me being a natural girl and all. My hair has always been a determining factor from working out, to a job interview, and lets not forget sex lol. Anyway as I watched the show I just found myself getting a little emotional. I was so happy Oprah was embracing this topic and also that she brought her own story to the fold. Then when Chris started breaking down how conditioned us Black women are to have straight hair, when at the end of the day since so many women embrace this concept it doesn't make them look special. Watch as he explains what makes Solange and her new haircut special. And wait she had a perm at the age of 4!?!?!?















Oprah was gonna cut her hair off, but Bill Cosby didnt think it was a good idea lol...











Great Show auntie O





Just in!!! Photo's from the LA Screening....just some of the Black Female Celebrities featured in the documentary










No comments: