Friday, October 23, 2009

Ahhhh finally a good week...well for me at least

So here's why..

#1 I gots a new job! More details to follow on that one, because you know I like to keep my folks updated!


#2 I saw "Good Hair" Monday at a special screening my girlfriend Syretta did. She owns the premiere natural hair care salon in Philly, Duafe. Anyway, we all watched the movie and then had a panel discussion about it, which was quite interesting. My godmother Dyana Williams (WRNB, 107.9) was apart of the panel as well as my girl Elizabeth Wellington from the Fashion Dept of the Philadelphia Daily News


and a few other heavily impressive ladies. Interesting documentary. I had a few thoughts and feelings. Like I had a moment of "dang when the good white folks watch this will they really learn more about us or laugh at us?". But I understand that in this Obama Nation in order to understand each other we have to learn about each other. So I got over that (kinda). I also wanted a little more in the history area (uh Madame CJ Walker anyone?), but again it was a great start and if it changes one woman's mind about putting that chemical in her 6 year old daughter's hair, I'm happy. Anyway, we had a nice discussion that led to the next day when Syretta invited me to come to her flagship store (shes got 2!) to have a continued discussion, but this one was filmed Fox29! Shout out to Berlinda and Mike Garrett of "Good Day Philadelphia" (who asked all the right questions!). It will air Monday, October 25 in the 9:00 hour, I believe.

Check out some of my behind the scene footage. Its short, but its Berlinda (producer of Good Day, Syretta and Mike!)


So after I left Duafe I moseyed on down or out to Jersey to see my homie D. McNabb and his fabulously plumb wife Roxy (its cool shes pregnant lol) donate a NICE amount to Virtual Hospital for their neo natal unit. And yes their name will be on the Building. It will be called, "The McNabb Family Neonatal Intensive Care Unit". For more details go HERE

Oh but here is my lil video that shows the picture of Don and Roxy that will be put up on the wall of the hospital.

So then later that evening (yeah it was a long day) I headed over to see my homie, sista, friend, mentor, and guru of radio, Helen Little (who by the way has been my boss on 3 different occassions lol) speak at the Arts Garage. Watch as she explains the difference between a "stalker" and a "researched stalker" lol, which most of us need to be. She starts telling a story about how she really wanted to meet the announcer for the Atlanta Hawks and how she made it happen. OH and how she had to get on the floor at Madison Square Garden to make it happen (not an easy task)

No comments: