Friday, October 2, 2009

Ahhhh the things you can learn from Essence Magazine lo

So did you know that as I write there i a new version of "The Last Dragon" being worked on? YES! And I hear RZA is involved along with Barry Gordy's son. And get this Sam Jackson is playing SHONUFF!!! And yes Taimak will be involved! Check out words from Taimak as he begins to resurrect his career. I think it will begin with the TV One special, "Life After". Oh and hes still fine as wine! lol

Also speaking of Essence Magazine. So Im reading the latest issue and may I add Mary's 4th cover of the year (we will get to that in a second). I found this article on the cast of "The Cosby Show 25 Years later". Yes 25 years! I know, I feel old too! Anyway its on page 59 if u wanna cheat and read it in the grocery store line. But Mr. Cosby said something that caught my eye. The last question the writer ask is "The Cosby Show, Part 3?" And Mr Cosby says, "Nope I wont make another sitcom. Im waiting for BET and TV One o wake up. Make that be the last line." Huuuuuuum....so right

And another thing since we are talkin about Essence. Whats up with the 50 covers of Mary and Gabrielle Union!?!? Are there no more impressive Black female celebs? And uh is it me or has Gabrielle been the ONLY Dark sista that can stand alone on the Essence cover? Viola Davis hello? Somebody said to me the other day it hasnt been the same since Susan Taylor left and its so true. Not that I lost love for Essence, cuz i NEED my recipes lol, butttttt lets just make sure ALL our "t's" are crossed over there! And for those thinking that Serena was on the cover not to long ago, uh she shared that homie, remember? lol





No comments: