Friday, October 9, 2009

Man its been a long week ey?

Of course first and foremost MY President and my favorite First Lady (and sista friend in my head)......How rude of me to FIRST not say Happy Anniversary Week!














And whoa Dr. King and President Obama have something in common ey? Wow the Nobel Peace Prize. I love how humble he is about accepting this prestigious award and rightfully so since he has not been in office for a year yet. But I believe like Obama believes that the award is less about President Obama but more about the effect that his campaign and life have had on the WORLD. After all for most, I believe, on the day he became President the World had a since of "peace" if not for a moment. And that feeling we felt drives us to know that better days are ahead. They have to be dont they? lol /-:





























Now real quick, on the lighter side of things. Its Friday and it hasnt been the greatest week, for me at least. So when I turned on VH-1 Soul(during Wendy Williams commercials) It felt real good to stumble onto their "Underground Soul" hour. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in life that forget some of the simple things that make me feel good. Like GOOOOOD Music. Can we have a GOOOOOOD Music Moment? Ok Good!






So the first video that on is Deborah Bond.....


























So as it was going off and Im about to change the channel...something happens to make me stop....its...its ...Foreign Exchange!








You know Phonte and Nicolay? Phonte from Little Brother!?! They met onlin on Okayplayer..Nicolay from Amsterdam, Phonte from Carolina...came together to make a group called "Foreign Exchange" with host of other talent? Made the first album ALL online without the 2 of them ever meeting in person!!? Anyway now you know! I Proudly say Phonte is one of my FAVORITE MC's and his singing voice is crazy!?!?! And Yazarah (Foreign Exchange mainstay) has a crazy voice too



























So then I started to think about Yazarah (who I believe used to sing back up for Lauryn). And then I dug up this video of her showing off her chops WITH Deborah Bond and another singer, Allison Carney




















And then I said let me check out one of my favorite NEW music site, Giantstep.net and what do you know? I find a NEW QTIP VIDEO! Man nuffin like a lil Q-Tip to brigthen my day! And its of my favorite songs of his albm "The Rennaissance"...."Life Is Better" with Norah Jones


















Oh and can you beleive they let Q-tip on 106 and Park to show his new video!?!?! If ya missed it...















Then i found thislil ditty from this singer Joy Jones...Fuuuunky


























Oh and speaking of former background singers, can we talk NDambi (former E. Badu backgroun singer)? Her latest album just came out. Check her out! Makes me miss my fro'




































Here is my other fav N'Dambi song...





































Oh and if you still have Giantstep.net open, go check out Bebel Gilberto's newest project. I swear if you close your eyes and listen to her it feels like youre in Brazil, ahhhhhh....









Oh and meanwhile in the land of Hip Hop we await "Hip Hop Honors" October 13th, but as usual the Roots never dissapoint. Here is a small piece of the show with Eminem and Black Thought

























Eminem Eminem Video The Roots DJ Jazzy Jeff

No comments: