Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Questlove locksdown Paris in Philly!?!?!?



So by now you know that I am your official PIFA girl, which has armed me with the mission to find all things PIFA that interest US (of course by us I mean all my Laiyasworld folks lol).  And boy do I have an event for you!  And its a 2 for 1 deal!  Ok so the event isQuestlove's Philly-Paris Lockdown.  What is it?  My homie Questlove will join a host of talented musicians including The Roots sometime keyboardist and  Grammy Award winning producer, James Poyser and multiple Grammy award winning string arranger and Philadelphia LEGEND, Larry Gold (google him!).  They will have the ultimate jam session featuring classical, jazz and hip hop!  There will be 9 compositions by four classical composers (Stravinsky, Debussy, Sate, and Ravel) inspiried by the PIFA theme (Paris 1910-1920).  Its a cultural overdose!  And then after the show is over we all head over to FREE PIFA Underground Post-Show Party in the Kimmel Center's Perelman Theater! And guess who's DJing!?!?!?  Questlove, along with one of my favorite Philly born DJs and good homie, Rich Medina! 

and just to add a little cherry on top, my other homie and business partna, DJ Afrodjiak> 

will also be joining them on the wheels and its FREE!!?!?!?Biggups to all three for representing as Philly 360 Ambassadors!
I cant wait! So mark it on your calendars, April 17 8:00pm at the Kimmel Center!

More details HERE

For all things PIFA follow them on Facebook and/or Twitter 

This post is proudly supported by PIFA.

No comments: