Sunday, April 10, 2011

Jill Scott takes her Rec and her city back, and brings some Philly friends along the way....

excuse my lateness, because as much as I love me some Jill in all kinds of ways, I should never be late on Jill Scott news and exclusives.  I mean we go back like


(PS that's my high school homie, Aisha Winfield who now runs Jill's nonprofit, Blues Babe and another really cool non profit, Jr. Music Exec)
 
When Jill got word that her childhood recreation center would be closing she something that most only talk about, taking action.  Ill let her explain......



Also biggups to Jill for always digging in her Philly pool for talent before she goes anywhere else.  She even brought Eve back to her home,North Philly!  I hear my other homie Tiffany Bacon (Philly radio personality and theater entrepreneur) helped with casting dancers and another Philly homie, Devin Hampton directed!  And as we await for the finished product, I love Jill for unconsciously putting together some of Philly's finest MC's for her video shoot cuz you know we had to get a cypher going on.  Check out Meek Mills, Ms Jade, Peedi Peedi, Dice Raw and your favorite MC's favorite MC, Black Thought (Philly 360 Ambassador).


To watch Jill break down Blues Babe and to find out how she is a "History Maker in the Making" click on the next page....









No comments: