Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Why the death of Mike Tyson's daughter hit me a little harder then expected...

So how about this for a strange coincidence. When me and the Mr. got back from vacay Sunday, we stopped my my homie dameadelphia's before going home. It was there that I got introduced to Exodus (Mike's daughter) because we had a "special" screening of the new Mike Tyson documentary (Produced by Carmelo Anthony), "Tyson". The documentary has already received awards from outlets as impressive as Sundance. Let me say this about the documentary.....FANTASTIC! Definitely an honest look from the perspective of Mike Tyson and a better understanding of who is his. He makes it clear that everything he does now is for his children and the introduction into Mike as a daddy is led by Exodus in the documentary. There is a scene where Exodus (only around 2 or so) is sparring with her daddy. When you watch, its kind of ill the way this little girl knows her stance and delivers her punches as well as putting her hands in the air in victory as she "knocks daddy out". Who would have thought 2 days later this beautiful girl would be gone. I kept thinking what if she was on the treadmill trying to train like daddy! Man my heart goes out to Mike Tyson and anyone else who has had to bury a child waaaay too soon. If you watch the trailer below at around 1:20 you get a glimpse of the scene between Exodus and her daddy....


No comments: