Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ok so Im sitting here getting ready for a meeting..

(TV Project comin...shh) and Im on one of my Favorite blogs, Kanye duh, and Im watching this video he posted of De La.....






Which made me start to thinkin about my favorite performers and shows. Cuz lets be honest there aint alot of GREAT performers these days. Especially when we starts to talkin about Hip Hip. I think its facinating how some of the greatest lyricists are often the most boring performers. What you disagree? Have ya never seen Nas or Jay live? ZZZZZZZ anyway so enough of the negativity how about we spotlight our favorite Hip Hop SHOWS!!! Ok Ill start and you know where I gots to go first cuz they never dissapoint! The Roots!!!!!! Even though Quest's Twitters are clogging up my phone right now, for (sh** Im gettin old)17 years these guys have been in my life uping the standard of live performance and challenging anyone in the arena. Now they are the HIGHLIGHT of your late night TV watching everynight and still manage to do a live show a week for the peoples! Come on now give it up!

Oh only live footage though!...here are a couple of my favs





Oh this next one I love cuz of what they did to the beginnin of the song. I like when the F**k SH** up a little! Peep Ahmir's sing skills






Oh but this next one is one of my FAVORITES! Let me tell you why!
#1 I was there !!!
#2 It was filmed in my hometown, DC! and taped by MTV 2 for that $2 Bill show that i thought was really cool and
#3 What Jill does to HER chorus is RE DAMN DICRILOUS! WATCH oh and congrats to Jill and her new little one (hope i dont mess up the name) Jet Hamilton Roberts!






Tomorrow my #2 pick for best live HIP HOP performance...feel free to chime in !

No comments: