Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Awww finally a post with purpose....



So today I went to Grover Washington Jr. Middle School on behalf of the good folks at "Need In Deed" , me and about 25 10-13yr olds had a conversation about the lyrics in music. Rock and Hip Hop (which I loved). They are working on this fantastic project that has the potential to effect the whole public school system in Philadelphia, really in the Country! I will tell you more as it develops, but I really enjoyed talking to such a ambitious, excited, smart and most importantly as my grandmother would say, courteous classroom. We spoke about Chris Brown and Rhianna, Lil Wayene, Aerosmith, Kanye, even Ledesi (I know!). So I thought I would share our pics lol

After we finished they sang John Legend's "If Youre Out There" to me lol



No comments: