Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Helen Little 101

This is name that most in this music industry know, but most fans dont. She is my mentor, my Aquarian sister and my friend. She is known for quite a few things in this industry namely the brief period of time that Beanie records werent allowed on a certain Philly station, due to Bean's disrespect of an employee (amongst other things) lol. And how can we forget the dismal sales of Foxy Brown's second album, which occured around the same time Foxy disrespected Colby on air lol. Little did Foxy know that the Operations Manager at the time, Helen Little, programmed ALL the urban stations the company owned at the time (including a couple stations on the West Coast if I recall correctly). Anyway she molded me to the mess I am today and maybe her words can help you in this jungle called "The Music Business". Because she has conquered it all...Radio, Records, Photography and now writing...She is continuing to live out her dreams and is The Midday personality in NY at106.7 Lite FM. So pay attention to a master of this especially my ladies cuz our struggle is a little different at times...Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls...Helen Little



No comments: