Monday, April 14, 2008

Estelle! Estelle! Estelle!


So I went to to see her last night and it was an amazing show (even though they put chairs in the TLA and that sucks). I had no idea she was a b-girl like that lol! And managed to do it in the smallest, strapless dress ever lol. Anyway, this was my first time really getting to see who she is, as she informed us last night that "Bullshit" was her new favorite word lol. Its interesting though because you can definitley tell she used to listen to Lauryn (she rhymes too), but she definitely reaches more in her soul/house/reggae roots. Anyway cant wait for the album (already downloaded the first one on itunes that wasnt released in the country). And as i speak to you I am in the studio with Colby and Estelle. Some lil tidbits that I just learned:





Her favorite live show was D'Angelo's "Voodo"

Shes from london but her peoples are from Senegal and Granada (and she only speaks english)




Shes's a Capricorn (born 2days before me 1/18 she wants to claim she is on the cusp of Aquarius, but I am so that cant be lol)





She's feelin Diddy's new signee/Atlanta's own Janelle Monae





Her favorite designer is Alexander Mcqueen for clothes and Fendi & Giuseppe





Her favorite Amy Winehouse song is "Fuck Me Pumps" from the first album Frank





PS she says that the Amy Winehouse is the same that shes always been. We are just seeing it for the first time in America





Oh and she watched the new Lupe video here for the first time and flipped her lid at how hot it is.....Anyway that was y hour with Estelle. Thanks for readin!









2 comments:

peteyweesto said...

Thanks for the heads up on Estelle..she will be in Charlotte on the 16th, I think I will check her out. I'm waiting on the The 5th Dynasty to come to Charlotte on the 25th.

Anonymous said...

Yesss!!! finally everybody can see ur blog and im so calling that i took that picture of u and Estelle in the studio.