Sunday, January 16, 2011

Excuse me while I have a Jill Scott moment....

I was just over visiting her blog and found this video of truly one of my favorite Jill performances ever! It was a summer day in DC, like 2004 or 2005 and I some how got some tickets to the MTV, "Roots, $2 Bill show" at the 930 Club. Right before Jill got on stage Common had just made an appearance in which he got down on the floor for some real Bboy stuff in his sky blue pants (EBadu era lol). But Jill walked on stage and did some miraculous stuff with "You Got Me" a song she had been singing for quite a while up to this moment so I loved how her and the Roots were able to keep that song fresh. I tell you that singers today should be so glad they dont have to match Jill's standard. Man let me stop typing and let you get to this outstanding performance!


No comments: