Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Did you say Roy Ayers documentary!?!? Sounds good to me!


I have loved me some Roy Ayers for as long as I can remember. Well lets just say the first time I heard "Everybody Loves the Sunshine" as a child. But alas that was not my favorite song. That song was called "Good Vibrations". Lucky for me my cousin had been Roy's drummer on and off for 20-30 years. So when Roy came to Philly and I went to see him at Zanzibar Blue and he DIDN'T sing my favorite song during his set, I told him after the show and he gave my own private show singing my favorite song. A man of his 70's now he still hasn't missed a beat and he still gives one of my favorite live shows. Check him out in this preview to his documentary where he mentions working with The Roots, how he met his wife and tells about the country where the xylophone is the official instrument....


No comments: