Sunday, December 13, 2009

"As the World Turns" CANCELED...Where's my mommy????!!!

Ok this is too much, first they cancel "Guiding Light", which was part of the original line up of soap operas that I was raised on. Yes, RAISED on. My mom is reading this, I'm sure, so she can attest to the fact that I grew up with "The Young & The Restless", "As the World Turns" and "Guiding Light" ("The Bold and The Beautiful" came years later) in the background of my life. From being home for a sick day to having a break in between classes, to having a break in between jobs, I kept up in some sort of way with my "stories". This article below gives detail about the plethora of celebrities that were bread from "As the World Turns" from Meg Ryan to the not even mentioned, Lauryn Hill (yes!). Anyway, although it seems petty to some, it is definitely the end of an Era! 54 years! As the world turns.....

Breaking News: Another Soap Opera Canceled - As the World Turns' - BV on Movies

1 comment:

Angela Cooper said...

My grandmother lived by those CBS stories and then for some crazy reason switched to ABC and that's what I watch whenever home. With 2 majore daytime soaps gone, I can't see Bold the Beautiful lasting. Maybe they should incorporate it into Young and the Restless.